Armstrong Auto Group Pty Ltd trading as Armstrong Auto Group (AAG) is committed to handling your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (the Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (the APPs).
AAG will take all reasonable steps to comply with the APPs and protect your personal information.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
AAG collect and hold personal information that is relevant to the services we offer. The type of personal information that we might collect from you could include your:
- contact details such as address, phone numbers and email address;
- date of birth;
- drivers licence details; and
- other identification information and copies of relevant supporting documents.
If you make a finance application through AAG we may also need to collect and hold the following types of personal information about you:
- financial information such as income, asset and liability details and your general credit history;
- details about your family (such as whether you have any dependents);
- banking details; and
- financial and personal references.
HOW DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Collecting Personal Information: AAG may collect personal information from you by:
- asking you verbally for that information;
- asking to you complete forms or documents necessary to enable us to provide you with the goods and services you have requested us to provide to you (such as contracts, finance applications, registration and warranty forms, log books or service documents); or
- asking you to provide us with copies of relevant documentation that may contain personal information about you (for example, a copy of your driver’s licence or pay slip).
AAG understands the importance of keeping your personal information secure. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information held by us. This includes appropriate technology to protect personal information stored electronically, as well as limiting the number of AAG staff who have access to information stored in hard copy format.
Personal information that we store in hard copy is stored securely within our business premises. Personal information that we store electronically is stored on our computer servers, also located within our business premises.
Despite our reasonable efforts, we cannot guarantee that the security of your personal information will not be breached, therefore, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability any responsibility for any damage you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorised access, misuse or alteration of any information we collect.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
AAG collect, use, hold and disclose personal information in order to conduct our business, including but not limited to the sale of new and used vehicles, servicing and repairing vehicles, the trade-in and purchase of used vehicles by us and to facilitate finance applications, registrations and CTP Insurance.
AAG may use your personal information:
- to confirm you are who you say you are;
- to contact you about AAG, our products, services, special offers or other promotions or marketing;
- to provide you with any goods or services you have asked us to provide to you;
- to conduct internal customer research and carry out our internal administration processes;
- to share it with our related entities, distributors, manufacturers or suppliers - this helps them perform functions on our behalf;
- to share it with finance and insurance companies and government agencies where required (these entities often have their own privacy policies);
- to comply with any disclosures required by law or court order;
- for any other purpose related to the above list or that we advise you of at the time you give us your personal information.
We will not use your personal information for purposes other than described above unless we have your consent or there are specified law enforcement or public health and safety reasons (as permitted under the Act).
WHY MIGHT WE NEED TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
AAG may disclose your personal information to other entities in some circumstances. These entities include:
- our related entities, and any contractors, distributors, suppliers, manufacturers that we deal with in providing goods or services to you;
- credit providers or credit reporting agencies for the purposes permitted by the Act;
- government or other statutory authorities.
These other entities or organisations may contact you directly.
Whilst AAG will not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, the entities to which we may disclose your personal information may do so. We are unable to say what countries, if any, those recipients are likely to be located in.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You can access personal information we hold about you. If you wish to verify, correct, access or update any of your personal information that is has been collected and held by AAG please contact our Privacy Officer in writing.
DO YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT ABOUT HOW WE HAVE HANDLED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information we invite you to provide written details of your complaint to our Privacy Officer.
Our Privacy Officer will contact you within 14 days of the date we receive the written details of your compliant to acknowledge that we have received it. Our Privacy Officer will then:
- review of the way we dealt with your personal information;
- conduct an internal investigation (if necessary) into how your personal information came to be handled in the way that it was; and
- provide a report to you within one month of the date we acknowledged receipt of your complaint.
If you believe we have breached the APPs you may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
|Post:||The Privacy Officer
PO Box 1796
Toowoomba QLD 4350